Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Delish creamy chicken pasta

And we continue with the chicken. Not on purpose because I was supposed to make pizza.

Creamy chicken pasta is my boyfriend's absolute favourite. How do I know that? Well, if he goes to the store to buy spinach just so I can make him a bowl of pasta, there's enough dedication to prove it (..and he also asks once a week if I can make THAT pasta for him).

I have to admit, I love this dish also. It's really simple to make and full of flavour. Actually there's two ways to do it. My original version includes blue cheese. Those of you who absolutely hate that smelly and ugly cheese: I agree. But never say never, right. With this dish it actually works.


You need:
big bunch of spaghetti
450g honey marinated chicken
2 small cloves of garlic
0,4l of double cream
50g blue cheese OR zest of one lemon
70g spinach (you can use more but that's the amount I usually have)
parmesan cheese

season with salt and dried basil

Cook the spaghetti. Before draining, save half a cup of cooking liquid for further use. Fry the chicken and add the garlic. Make sure that the chicken is golden brown. Before adding the cream, toss blue cheese into the mixture. Stir it for a while so the cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and basil. (At this point you can add the lemon zest instead of cheese.)

Let it simmer until the cream has thickened, 5–10 minutes or so. Throw the spinach in and quickly stir. Finally, complete the sauce with spaghetti and starchy cooking liquid. You don't have to pour the whole amount if the pasta looks moist enough.

Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and few drops of lemon juice on top. Yum.

No comments: